Dale Frye

Default Ejector pump keeps running

My house is about ten years old and now the ejector pump in the basement is
acting up. It used to pump for about 10 seconds and shut off. Now it runs
for over 5 minutes. Never worked on one before. Is it easily serviceable?

Thanks,
Dale

Edwin Pawlowski

"Dale Frye" wrote in message
My house is about ten years old and now the ejector pump in the basement
is acting up. It used to pump for about 10 seconds and shut off. Now it
runs for over 5 minutes. Never worked on one before. Is it easily
serviceable?

Most are, but it is a ****ty job.

Open the access hold. With a flashlight, look for the switch and see if
anything is holding it from moving. Toilet paper can get on top of it or
around it and hold it in place. A stick or a water blast from a hose will
usually free it if that is the problem. If you are concerned about the
odor when you open it, pour a few ounces of bleach in the toilet then flush.

Bubba

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 18:27:02 -0600, "Dale Frye" wrote:

My house is about ten years old and now the ejector pump in the basement is
acting up. It used to pump for about 10 seconds and shut off. Now it runs
for over 5 minutes. Never worked on one before. Is it easily serviceable?

Thanks,
Dale

Oh my, arent you in for a wonderful suprise. Save your money and call
someone else. Even if you know how to fix it (and you most likely
dont) it will be well worth your money.
Bubba
Roger Shoaf

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
. ..
If you are concerned about the
odor when you open it, pour a few ounces of bleach in the toilet then

flush.

Unless of course you are on a septic tank in which case dumping bleach into
the tank is not a good idea as you can kill the microbes that digest the
solids.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.

I know my answer is going to invite flame...

Why we install ejection system in residential houses is still beyond
me. Sure we have the technology. Are we that lazy to climb up a
flight of stairs to take a dump or pee? Gravity still works very well.
After all the ejector still have to rely on it.

Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message
ups.com...
I know my answer is going to invite flame...

Why we install ejection system in residential houses is still beyond
me. Sure we have the technology. Are we that lazy to climb up a
flight of stairs to take a dump or pee? Gravity still works very well.
After all the ejector still have to rely on it.

No flame from me, I like the way you think. Anyone that can't make it up the
steps to pee should be given a lethal injection. They are just a drain on
society and by eliminating them we build a stronger race.

Have your parents and grandparents been eliminated yet? Keep and eye on
them. Of course, you will have to get your head out of your ass to do that.

Sexytom976

Oh you are in for some fun. Not a pretty job, long gloves
(old dishwashing gloves) would help.

Most likely the float on the unit is stuck. Its going to
take a little work to free it up. Otherwise bite the bullet and
just buy another one. Depending on use, they last about 10 years or
so...

You can always keep the old as a backup up.

Tom

P.S. New ones arent very cheap either....

Dale Frye wrote:
My house is about ten years old and now the ejector pump in the

basement is
acting up. It used to pump for about 10 seconds and shut off. Now

it runs
for over 5 minutes. Never worked on one before. Is it easily

serviceable?

Thanks,
Dale

Edwin Pawlowski

"Roger Shoaf" wrote in message
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
. ..
If you are concerned about the
odor when you open it, pour a few ounces of bleach in the toilet then

flush.

Unless of course you are on a septic tank in which case dumping bleach
into
the tank is not a good idea as you can kill the microbes that digest the
solids.

With septic, you can't use bleach to wash clothing?

I like the way you think too... Elimination by letal injection? Since
it's your idea, why not start with your own folks.

I wonder if you say the same thing to people without being shielded by
your computer monitor. Ever wonder why we have so many people gone
postal in this country?

PJX

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 16:50:46 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"Roger Shoaf" wrote in message
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
. ..
If you are concerned about the
odor when you open it, pour a few ounces of bleach in the toilet then

flush.

Unless of course you are on a septic tank in which case dumping bleach
into
the tank is not a good idea as you can kill the microbes that digest the
solids.

With septic, you can't use bleach to wash clothing?

We had two drain lines. The commode and sinks were on the septic
system, but the washer drain and shower were on the other drain line.

PJ