Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Why do contractors subcontract electricians?

Suppose you are remodeling your kitchen and all the necessary circuits
have been run from the electrical box to the kitchen. It seems like
the rest is the easiest part of the project: setting up the electrical
boxes and the switches, and connecting the devices. Then why do
general contractors don't do that part themselves but still
subcontract it out to the pricey electricians? I understand that they
pass that cost to the homeowner, but still it would have been more
profitable to it themselves.

What am I missing? I feel like there must be something about it that's
not easy that I'm not seeing. I've been adding electrical outlets and
installing fixtures and doing stuff like that myself since I bought
the house and it's certainly easier than carpentry. Perhaps it's the
regulations? Anyway, please let me know what you think.

Aaron

How do electricians do it? [email protected] Home Repair 0 November 16th 07 07:36 AM
B*****y electricians robgraham UK diy 5 September 12th 07 10:39 AM
One for the electricians... Tim Lamb UK diy 10 March 29th 07 10:28 PM
Hey electricians... Big Al Home Repair 6 August 28th 06 02:49 AM
electricians gastec Home Repair 7 November 20th 05 06:38 PM