Posted to alt.home.repair
The Freon Cowboy The Freon Cowboy is offline

Default Why do contractors subcontract electricians?

one word , Licensing, the general probably isnt licensed to do lectrical work

Aaron Fude wrote:
Suppose you are remodeling your kitchen and all the necessary circuits‰have

been run from the electrical box to the kitchen. It seems likeŸthe rest is the
easiest part of the project: setting up the electricalboxes and the switches,
and connecting the devices. Then why dogeneral contractors don't do that part
themselves but stillsubcontract it out to the pricey electricians? I
understand that theyãpass that cost to the homeowner, but still it would have
been moreñprofitable to it themselves.What am I missing? I feel like there
must be something about it that's}not easy that I'm not seeing. I've been
adding electrical outlets andinstalling fixtures and doing stuff like that
myself since I boughtthe house and it's certainly easier than carpentry.
Perhaps it's theÕregulations? Anyway, please let me know what you think.
~Aaron