Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 'nother plumbing question - strapping pipes

I need to strap up some loose pipes... bought a handful of pipe straps
at the local Big Box today, but here's the question - how do I secure
them? I was thinking, since I'm strapping up copper pipes with copper
straps, shouldn't I use copper nails or screws to prevent galvanic
corrosion? Is this common practice, or are regular zinc plated steel
nails and/or screws OK? I could have sworn I'd seen copper nails in the
past but couldn't find them today.

I also ask because there's obviously loose straps in my basement where
it appears that steel nails were driven directly into cinder block and
the nails have now disintegrated, would it be OK to use plastic anchors
and SS screws there, or are copper screws available/advisable? (don't
recall seeing those...)

Yes, I am apparently taking the DIY home-study course in plumbing this
winter.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.