Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default unreal problem

Ok guys heres a good example of stupidity all around.

theres a big tree about one home away from mine. The lady that owns
this home is near 90 and blind. I shovel a path to the street so she
can get out by county bus service for doctors visits etc. I help her
in other minor ways like taking her trash can back to her house after
the garbageman does his thing. she is in real bad shape and having
lived here since 1972 do what i can to help a old friend. she looks
bad.

now the tree doesnt belong to her, its on a abandoned right of way
from before the homes were built in 1950.... the tree lies in brunner
lane... long unused its grass. hasnt seen a vehicle since 1972 when i
moved here, neighbor a original owner said lane never used once homes
were built

now this tree has a BIG limb pushing on the neighborhoods new verizon
fios line. recently the tree has been losing limbs the town came out
one time and cut one hanging down in the middle of the road. i have
pulled some off the road and disposed of some too

the phone line is now in tension supporting the tree limb, the nearby
pole appears no longer plumb taking some of the load.

so I figure the phone company will send out a bucket truck, 5 minutes
with a chain saw and the line is safe. splicing fibre reportedly very
expensive......

after 2 hours of talking to verizon repair finally says they no longer
do tree trimming, they wait till the line comes down and bill the
property owner. they refer me to the town

informed offending tree is on abandoned right of way I call the town.
they said we will look into it. that was last week.

called town again today, told they arent sure who owns the land the
tree is standing on. might be whats left of the brunner family. in any
case its illegal for them to trim tree even though its a hazard and
can cause accident or injury, if the limb well over a foot in diameter
hits a vehicle. they broke law removing earlier limb......

said solicitor is looking into who owns the ground then they will be
given 10 days to fix the hazard.

meanwhile that tree is going to knock out phone fios and FIOS TV in
our neighborhood besides perhaps causing a accident and injury.

I told the road crew guy if someone gets hurt I will testify at the
trial and that authorties were informed. and so far havent blocked the
street

the pole has no electric service on it just cable above the limb and
verizon below.

good advice needed my personal as well as business phone will be
knocked out along with FIOS so i have a vested interest in getting
this fixed.

limb probably 18 inches in diameter, tree must be over 200 years old
perhas 6 or 8 feet in diameter

Unreal Offer? Andy Burns UK diy 11 April 22nd 07 05:12 PM
do I have a brick problem or window problem? malv Home Repair 0 April 3rd 07 08:16 PM
Diverter valve problem fixed but now another problem. dave UK diy 12 January 6th 06 03:18 PM
Roof Problem - Major or Minor Problem? Patrick Home Repair 10 March 27th 05 10:30 PM
Septic system problem-pump out or drain field problem? Arthur Davis Home Repair 2 January 12th 05 02:17 AM