Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Unreal Offer?

On 21/04/2007 23:35, Dave wrote:

No sign of a protractor though, to set up the mitre angle.

To me it looks like a protractor scale is moulded into the curved front
ring, rather than being a printed scale on the turntable like other saws.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Just got a Toolstation catalogue in the post. Front cover has an unreal
offer;

1200w mitre saw, 5000rpm, 210mm blade, cuts 120mm x 60mm inc laser.

£24:97 inc VAT????

You even get 2 blades; 24t TCT & 72t TCT.

Can't be right surely?

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
Just got a Toolstation catalogue in the post. Front cover has an unreal
offer;

1200w mitre saw, 5000rpm, 210mm blade, cuts 120mm x 60mm inc laser.

£24:97 inc VAT????

You even get 2 blades; 24t TCT & 72t TCT.

Can't be right surely?

Well, it's on their website he
http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Powe...hop/d40/sd2769

First item on the page. Looks like it's available for that price..... which
is about a fifth of what I paid for a B&Q version a few years back!

Alan.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Just got a Toolstation catalogue in the post. Front cover has an unreal
offer;

1200w mitre saw, 5000rpm, 210mm blade, cuts 120mm x 60mm inc laser.

£24:97 inc VAT????

You even get 2 blades; 24t TCT & 72t TCT.

Can't be right surely?

If you don't need the second blade then there are plenty about at £19.99
at the moment.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave" wrote in message
Alan wrote:

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in

message

Just got a Toolstation catalogue in the post. Front cover has an unreal
offer;

1200w mitre saw, 5000rpm, 210mm blade, cuts 120mm x 60mm inc laser.

£24:97 inc VAT????

You even get 2 blades; 24t TCT & 72t TCT.

Can't be right surely?

Well, it's on their website he
http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Powe...hop/d40/sd2769

First item on the page. Looks like it's available for that price.....

which
is about a fifth of what I paid for a B&Q version a few years back!

No sign of a protractor though, to set up the mitre angle.

Dave

Mmmmmm.. I can certainly see graduated markings on the front and what looks
like a locking screw.
Praps you have had more red stuff than I've had tonight.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
Just got a Toolstation catalogue in the post. Front cover has an unreal
offer;

1200w mitre saw, 5000rpm, 210mm blade, cuts 120mm x 60mm inc laser.

£24:97 inc VAT????

You even get 2 blades; 24t TCT & 72t TCT.

Can't be right surely?

That will be the right price. I bought one for that price from Aldi about 6
months ago. Used it for the jobs I was doing around the house and then sold
it at a car boot sale for £25.

R.S.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-04-21 23:35:58 +0100, Dave said:

Alan wrote:

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message ...

Just got a Toolstation catalogue in the post. Front cover has an unreal offer;

1200w mitre saw, 5000rpm, 210mm blade, cuts 120mm x 60mm inc laser.

£24:97 inc VAT????

You even get 2 blades; 24t TCT & 72t TCT.

Can't be right surely?

Well, it's on their website he
http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Powe...hop/d40/sd2769

First item on the page. Looks like it's available for that price.....
which is about a fifth of what I paid for a B&Q version a few years
back!

No sign of a protractor though, to set up the mitre angle.

Dave

No need. You do it by eye.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21 Apr, 23:01, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

Just got a Toolstation catalogue in the post. Front cover has an unreal
offer;

1200w mitre saw, 5000rpm, 210mm blade, cuts 120mm x 60mm inc laser.

£24:97 inc VAT????

You even get 2 blades; 24t TCT & 72t TCT.

Can't be right surely?

Sounds about right for a bottom end saw. I cant get the pics to load,
is it a Kinzo? If so I've used them, so could comment.

Note it says the 72 tooth blade is carbon steel, which wont last too
long in a power saw. Also c steel blades have much lower feed rates,
etc.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Heliotrope Smith wrote:
"Dave" wrote in message

Alan wrote:

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in

message

.. .

Just got a Toolstation catalogue in the post. Front cover has an unreal
offer;

1200w mitre saw, 5000rpm, 210mm blade, cuts 120mm x 60mm inc laser.

£24:97 inc VAT????

You even get 2 blades; 24t TCT & 72t TCT.

Can't be right surely?

Well, it's on their website he
http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Powe...hop/d40/sd2769

First item on the page. Looks like it's available for that price.....

which

is about a fifth of what I paid for a B&Q version a few years back!

No sign of a protractor though, to set up the mitre angle.

Dave

Mmmmmm.. I can certainly see graduated markings on the front and what looks
like a locking screw.
Praps you have had more red stuff than I've had tonight.

You could be right on both counts :-)

I was looking at the back, assuming that it might do compound mitre
cuts. Stupid me :-(

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Alan" wrote in message
. ..

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
Just got a Toolstation catalogue in the post. Front cover has an unreal
offer;

1200w mitre saw, 5000rpm, 210mm blade, cuts 120mm x 60mm inc laser.

£24:97 inc VAT????

You even get 2 blades; 24t TCT & 72t TCT.

Can't be right surely?

Well, it's on their website he
http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Powe...hop/d40/sd2769

These things are knocked out in china by the 10's of thousands ... different
colour & plastics for different outlets.
NuTool, Performance Pro, Performance Power, McAlister, JCB, Silverline

Build is usually not fantastic, but certainly good value for money ... it
won't match a £500 Makita but they will both cut wood !