Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Singing Kitchen Sink Sprayer

When the hot water flow through my kitchen sink sprayer is low or on
full, it is quiet, but when the flow is at about 75%, it "sings" very
loudly with a loud high-pitched tone. With cold water, it is quiet at
all flow rates. I have taken the faucet apart and don't see anything
wrong with it. It is a single faucet with a lever type handle that
delivers both hot and cold water from the same faucet. Any ideas on
what could be causing this?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 9, 8:00�pm, Paul wrote:
When the hot water flow through my kitchen sink sprayer is low or on
full, it is quiet, but when the flow is at about 75%, it "sings" very
loudly with a loud high-pitched tone. With cold water, it is quiet at
all flow rates. I have taken the faucet apart and don't see anything
wrong with it. It is a single faucet with a lever type handle that
delivers both hot and cold water from the same faucet. Any ideas on
what could be causing this?

my delta does that now and then, try replacing the diverter assembly
or soak diverter in vinegar. i suspect it cruds up.....

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 10, 5:28 am, buffalobill wrote:
On Dec 9, 8:00 pm, Paul wrote:

When the hot water flow through my kitchen sink sprayer is low or on
full, it is quiet, but when the flow is at about 75%, it "sings" very
loudly with a loud high-pitched tone. With cold water, it is quiet at
all flow rates. I have taken the faucet apart and don't see anything
wrong with it. It is a single faucet with a lever type handle that
delivers both hot and cold water from the same faucet. Any ideas on
what could be causing this?

unless you know the brand and model, try this:www.deltafaucet.comclick on repair box, pick your faucet, explode the
diagram.
seewww.hdsupplysolutionns.comfor delta faucet repair kit.
go to lowe's and buy the kit you need. this may require having all the
old parts all in your hand in some cases, morning-noon-and evening
task, performed best when nobody's home to use the water and the
store will be open all day and night for your second and third
visits.
to make it worthwhile, check all the plumbing in the house now and
pick up the parts for the next project.

Thanks to both who replied! I replaced the diverter valve and now the
sink sprayer is quiet again. The old diverter valve was torn and
would not stay in place.