Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Seal cracks inside fireplace

There are some cracks on the wall inside the fireplace of my 40 year old
house. I can feel lot of cold air coming in through them. I guess the caulk
for concrete cracks is not usable here as it cannot sustain heat at wood
burning. Any alternative stuff for this?

Thanks!

Posted to alt.home.repair

John91 wrote:
There are some cracks on the wall inside the fireplace of my 40 year old
house. I can feel lot of cold air coming in through them. I guess the caulk
for concrete cracks is not usable here as it cannot sustain heat at wood
burning. Any alternative stuff for this?

Thanks!

There is cement for fire box repair, some ready mix in caulk cartridges.
I've used both.

Frank