Posted to alt.home.repair

Default pilot lite

I have a carrier unit and I cannot get my pilot lite to light. I didn't have
any problems with it last year..Any advise?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 15:47:29 +0000, tocostew wrote:

I have a carrier unit and I cannot get my pilot lite to light. I didn't
have any problems with it last year..Any advise?

Dirty nozzle or perhaps enough of a down draft that the gas isn't
igniting when it should?

If it isn't obvious, might be safer to have a repair person check over
the unit. Faulty systems can produce CO as well as become a fire hazard.
Posted to alt.home.repair

franz frippl wrote:
I have a carrier unit and I cannot get my pilot lite to light. I didn't
have any problems with it last year..Any advise?

Dirty nozzle or perhaps enough of a down draft that the gas isn't
igniting when it should?

If it isn't obvious, might be safer to have a repair person check over
the unit. Faulty systems can produce CO as well as become a fire hazard.

with everything off can I take the nozzel off and blow it out with an airhose?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 16:24:22 +0000, tocostew wrote:

franz frippl wrote:
I have a carrier unit and I cannot get my pilot lite to light. I
didn't have any problems with it last year..Any advise?

Dirty nozzle or perhaps enough of a down draft that the gas isn't
igniting when it should?

If it isn't obvious, might be safer to have a repair person check over
the unit. Faulty systems can produce CO as well as become a fire
hazard.

with everything off can I take the nozzel off and blow it out with an
airhose?

I don't see why not. If orifice is worn, you may need to replace it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

franz frippl wrote:
I have a carrier unit and I cannot get my pilot lite to light. I
didn't have any problems with it last year..Any advise?

[quoted text clipped - 8 lines]
with everything off can I take the nozzel off and blow it out with an
airhose?

I don't see why not. If orifice is worn, you may need to replace it.

great thanks for all your help...I'll let you know how it turns out.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Meat Plow wrote:
I have a carrier unit and I cannot get my pilot lite to light. I didn't have
any problems with it last year..Any advise?

How are you trying to light it? Does it have a glow plug and a bi-metal
strip attached to the pilot or is it a simple pilot and thermocouple?

Just the simple pilot and thermocouple. I am doing the usual turning it to
pilot, push down the red botton and lighting the pilot, but for some reason
this year it doesn't want to light.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 15:47:29 GMT, "tocostew" u39442@uwe wrote:

I have a carrier unit and I cannot get my pilot lite to light. I didn't have
any problems with it last year..Any advise?

If you cant get any flame to ignite, the orfice is probably clogged.

If it lights but wont stay lit, you need a new thermcouple.
Posted to alt.home.repair

It would be in your best interest just to call out your HVAC repair people
to do the work. �At the very least, they should have insurance if something
goes wrong.

--
Zyp

the easy solution is always call someone and thats not 100% effective
or affordable......

Posted to alt.home.repair

franz frippl wrote:
I have a carrier unit and I cannot get my pilot lite to light. I
didn't have any problems with it last year..Any advise?

[quoted text clipped - 8 lines]
with everything off can I take the nozzel off and blow it out with an
airhose?

I don't see why not. If orifice is worn, you may need to replace it.

took out the pilot and blew it out with air and everythinkg is fine, guess it
doesn't take much to clog it up because I didn't see any trash in it when I
took it off.
thanks again

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 05:30:38 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

It would be in your best interest just to call out your HVAC repair people
to do the work. ?At the very least, they should have insurance if something
goes wrong.

--
Zyp

the easy solution is always call someone and thats not 100% effective
or affordable......

I always wonder why anyone posts these messages to call a pro.
Everyone knows they can do that. People who ask for help are tying to
DUI. Otherwise they'd be using the phone book.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
People post messages to "call a pro" when the situation is dangerous, or
could be dangerous. That way home owners don't hurt them selves with DUI
(Driving Under the Influence.)

Heating repair techs such as Don Ocean have seen the disasters that result
when ignorant people DUI on their own furnaces.

I always wonder why anyone posts these messages to call a pro.
Everyone knows they can do that. People who ask for help are tying to
DUI. Otherwise they'd be using the phone book.

I could understand the reasoning in saying call a pro, anytime you are
working with gas it could be dangerous, I made sure that everything was off,
elec. gas. before I started working and made sure everything went back in the
exact way it came off. Everthing so far is working fine.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
I always wonder why anyone posts these messages to call a pro.
Everyone knows they can do that. People who ask for help are tying to
DUI. Otherwise they'd be using the phone book.

Sometimes that is the right advice. Other times people are quick to assume
no one can do what a pro does.

When someone asks "I want to add a gas appliance, what direction do I turn
the pipe to open the gas line?" Or "I'm finishing my basement and since
I'll only be plugging in lamps, it is OK to use lamp cord to wire the
receptacles?" I'd have to say to call a pro.

Now, you may say those questions are idiotic, but I was in a house doing
some work (I was the pro on a door job) and the homeowner was wiring
receptacles using lamp cord.

MC-lite Toller Home Repair 3 July 6th 07 09:03 PM
Medway Automatic Pilot Flame Spreader Wanted...or Pilot Block... wilco UK diy 0 January 9th 06 12:03 AM
Medway Automatic Pilot Flame Spreader Wanted...or Pilot Block... wilco UK diy 0 January 7th 06 02:03 PM
Mag-lite, again C & E Home Repair 15 December 13th 05 11:36 PM