Posted to alt.home.repair
tocostew via HomeKB.com tocostew via HomeKB.com is offline

Default pilot lite

Stormin Mormon wrote:
People post messages to "call a pro" when the situation is dangerous, or
could be dangerous. That way home owners don't hurt them selves with DUI
(Driving Under the Influence.)

Heating repair techs such as Don Ocean have seen the disasters that result
when ignorant people DUI on their own furnaces.

I always wonder why anyone posts these messages to call a pro.
Everyone knows they can do that. People who ask for help are tying to
DUI. Otherwise they'd be using the phone book.

I could understand the reasoning in saying call a pro, anytime you are
working with gas it could be dangerous, I made sure that everything was off,
elec. gas. before I started working and made sure everything went back in the
exact way it came off. Everthing so far is working fine.