Posted to alt.home.repair

Default pilot lite

wrote in message
I always wonder why anyone posts these messages to call a pro.
Everyone knows they can do that. People who ask for help are tying to
DUI. Otherwise they'd be using the phone book.

Sometimes that is the right advice. Other times people are quick to assume
no one can do what a pro does.

When someone asks "I want to add a gas appliance, what direction do I turn
the pipe to open the gas line?" Or "I'm finishing my basement and since
I'll only be plugging in lamps, it is OK to use lamp cord to wire the
receptacles?" I'd have to say to call a pro.

Now, you may say those questions are idiotic, but I was in a house doing
some work (I was the pro on a door job) and the homeowner was wiring
receptacles using lamp cord.