Posted to alt.home.repair

Default loose breaker

My electric cook top isn't working, when I checked the box the breaker
was on, but is loose and doesn't go all the to the correct position,
approx half an inch from the end. I had to replace part of the cook
top two years ago when I got water into the area around the knobs, I
did get VERY LITTLE water there this morning when I was cleaning, but
didn't have anything happen like when it was broken before. When that
happened there was aloud noise and smell.

Any ideas? - not sure if electrician or appliance repair or whether I
can try something myself.

Thank you
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article
,
" wrote:

My electric cook top isn't working, when I checked the box the breaker
was on, but is loose and doesn't go all the to the correct position,
approx half an inch from the end. I had to replace part of the cook
top two years ago when I got water into the area around the knobs, I
did get VERY LITTLE water there this morning when I was cleaning, but
didn't have anything happen like when it was broken before. When that
happened there was aloud noise and smell.

Any ideas? - not sure if electrician or appliance repair or whether I
can try something myself.

Thank you

To reset a tripped breaker, you have to turn it all the way off, and
then back on.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 25, 5:27 pm, Smitty Two wrote:
In article
,

" wrote:
My electric cook top isn't working, when I checked the box the breaker
was on, but is loose and doesn't go all the to the correct position,
approx half an inch from the end. I had to replace part of the cook
top two years ago when I got water into the area around the knobs, I
did get VERY LITTLE water there this morning when I was cleaning, but
didn't have anything happen like when it was broken before. When that
happened there was aloud noise and smell.

Any ideas? - not sure if electrician or appliance repair or whether I
can try something myself.

Thank you

To reset a tripped breaker, you have to turn it all the way off, and
then back on.

I had done this, but when returned to the on position it is loose and
not all the way over.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article
,

" wrote:
My electric cook top isn't working, when I checked the box the breaker
was on, but is loose and doesn't go all the to the correct position,
approx half an inch from the end. I had to replace part of the cook
top two years ago when I got water into the area around the knobs, I
did get VERY LITTLE water there this morning when I was cleaning, but
didn't have anything happen like when it was broken before. When that
happened there was aloud noise and smell.

Any ideas? - not sure if electrician or appliance repair or whether I
can try something myself.

Thank you

To reset a tripped breaker, you have to turn it all the way off, and
then back on.

I had done this, but when returned to the on position it is loose and
not all the way over.

Sometimes you have to wait a few minutes to reset them. Also I'd unplug
the stove first, to help determine whether there's still a fault there.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 25, 5:45 pm, Smitty Two wrote:
In article
,

" wrote:
[...]

the stove first, to help determine whether there's still a fault there.- Hide quoted text -

thanks - I did this and it did go all the way over, but when I plugged
it in big sparks and same thing, so it must be the stove top - at
least I know which repairman to call to take my holiday money!
Posted to alt.home.repair

" wrote:
[...]

Thanks, I did this and it went all the way to on, but when I plugged
in the stove top big sparks and the same thing, at least I know what's
happening and who will get my holiday $!
Thanks and happy holidays

Electric BBQ breaks GFI 20 Amp breaker yet works fine with non-GFI breaker. BoyntonStu Home Repair 10 May 26th 07 06:56 PM
Loose tap mo UK diy 1 August 30th 06 12:30 AM
A/C Unit Keeps Tripping Circuit Breaker - How to test breaker before calling repair man? C5Ya Home Repair 10 August 26th 05 07:34 PM
Oh no, did I loose my LCD? Leonardo Electronics Repair 1 March 4th 05 06:07 PM
Circuit breaker tester maps to wrong breaker!! Joe Doe Home Repair 7 November 30th 04 01:47 AM