Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] scigbitsy@gmail.com is offline

Default loose breaker

On Nov 25, 5:45 pm, Smitty Two wrote:
In article
,

" wrote:
On Nov 25, 5:27 pm, Smitty Two wrote:
In article
,

" wrote:
My electric cook top isn't working, when I checked the box the breaker
was on, but is loose and doesn't go all the to the correct position,
approx half an inch from the end. I had to replace part of the cook
top two years ago when I got water into the area around the knobs, I
did get VERY LITTLE water there this morning when I was cleaning, but
didn't have anything happen like when it was broken before. When that
happened there was aloud noise and smell.

Any ideas? - not sure if electrician or appliance repair or whether I
can try something myself.

Thank you

To reset a tripped breaker, you have to turn it all the way off, and
then back on.

I had done this, but when returned to the on position it is loose and
not all the way over.

Sometimes you have to wait a few minutes to reset them. Also I'd unplug
the stove first, to help determine whether there's still a fault there.- Hide quoted text -

thanks - I did this and it did go all the way over, but when I plugged
it in big sparks and same thing, so it must be the stove top - at
least I know which repairman to call to take my holiday money!