Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair
k k is offline

Default "Standard" bulb base: E26 or E27? Both?

I can't seem to find a consistent answer. I see so-called 'standard' bulb
bases called both E26 and E27, and I'd really like to know if they are one
and the same. The reason? I see fixtures advertised with one or the other
type socket. I have googled myself blue, and stood in the lighting dept at
Home Depot for half an hour on Sunday. Of course, the kid working lighting
that day had no clue.

Bulb packages say things like 'candelabra' base, or 'intermediate' base or
'standard' base, no E26 or E27. Yet, try to buy a fixture on Ebay, and it
will require either E26 or E27.

Which is it to be?

tia,
Keith