Posted to alt.home.repair

Default bath tub

can I cut a steeel tub apart?? what should I use??

Posted to alt.home.repair
jim jim is offline

On Oct 16, 6:52 pm, wrote:
can I cut a steeel tub apart?? what should I use??

A steel cutting wheel on a grinder but why

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
oups.com...
can I cut a steeel tub apart?? what should I use??

Sure you could, done it a few times myself.

Reciprocating saw. I use Milwaukee sawzall bi-metal reciprocating blade.
Also check out the Lenox titanium blade. That sucker can cut a car in half
in something like a minuet of two - awesome!

Right angle grinder with a metal cutoff blade.

Portable bandsaw. This cuts much faster than the above two tools but its
limited as to how wide you could cut.

Power shear - I have one but don't know if it could cut this thick of gauge.
Also fast and clean.

Gas saw - I have a 14" gas saw but its dangerous (cutoff blade exploited in
front of my face couple of times) and you couldn't use it indoors.

Gas torch - I need to get one.

Plasma cutter - another one I need to get.

Circular saw with a metal cutting blade or one of the special circular saw
with two blades.

I'm sure others will come out with more suggestions.

I'll pick the reciprocating saw if I'm limited to one tool for this project.

Posted to alt.home.repair

** Frank ** wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Yes, the Sawzall!

Wear complete eye protection and a dust mask at the least.
Stuff happens...

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Oct 16, 8:59 pm, Speedy Jim wrote:
** Frank ** wrote:
wrote in message
roups.com...
[...]

SawzAll blades are available with carbide grit. Check Amazon.com.
Should be lightning fast. HTH

Joe

Bath fan [email protected] Home Repair 1 May 13th 06 11:40 PM
Fitting bath. Tile first or fit bath first? Ian Maguire UK diy 8 February 27th 06 03:01 PM
Tiling behind bath? or tile down to bath? xxx UK diy 7 January 10th 06 02:41 AM
Looking for a bath overflow that is flush with the bath surface? Peter UK diy 0 October 18th 05 02:07 PM
Bath tap seemingly welded to iron bath mfcexpert UK diy 10 December 12th 03 10:26 PM