Posted to alt.home.repair

Default DIY concrete levering suggestions

On 3' or 4' wide walkways I could saw cut and lift section of slaps and
adjust for level.

On larger patio slaps, its too heavy for me to lift. Six slaps of concrete
about 8'x8' each with 2x4 redwood in-between that were installed by a
contractor. Over the years, the slaps settled at different rates as much as
2" vertical distance at the redwood interface. I've seen contractors pump
material into the concrete to adjust the height but that is not exactly a
DIY project. Other than cutting it up into 4'x4' slaps, is there another way
to do it without heavy equipment?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Sev Sev is offline

On Oct 8, 3:19?pm, "** Frank **" wrote:
On 3' or 4' wide walkways I could saw cut and lift section of slaps and
adjust for level.

On larger patio slaps, its too heavy for me to lift. Six slaps of concrete
about 8'x8' each with 2x4 redwood in-between that were installed by a
contractor. Over the years, the slaps settled at different rates as much as
2" vertical distance at the redwood interface. I've seen contractors pump
material into the concrete to adjust the height but that is not exactly a
DIY project. Other than cutting it up into 4'x4' slaps, is there another way
to do it without heavy equipment?

Well, you could buy 4-5000 helium baloons and anchor them to the
slabs, but other than that, I think you've listed the obvious
remedies. Somebody may have other ideas. Are you trying to even-up
the slabs, or get rid of them?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Are you trying to even-up
the slabs, or get rid of them?

even up

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , "** Frank **" wrote:
On 3' or 4' wide walkways I could saw cut and lift section of slaps and
adjust for level.

On larger patio slaps, its too heavy for me to lift. Six slaps of concrete
about 8'x8' each with 2x4 redwood in-between that were installed by a
contractor. Over the years, the slaps settled at different rates as much as
2" vertical distance at the redwood interface. I've seen contractors pump
material into the concrete to adjust the height but that is not exactly a
DIY project. Other than cutting it up into 4'x4' slaps, is there another way
to do it without heavy equipment?

That's several cubic yards of cured concrete. You ain't gonna
do much to that without some serious equipment of one kind or
another.

I would guess that pumping is the way to go. It may not cost
a fortune. I would get a couple of contractors to take a look
and give you their recommendations and estimates.

| Gary Player. |

http://www.malch.com/ Shpx gur PQN. |