Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default sealed sump pit for radon mitigation

I'm about to finish my basement and wanted to test the sump pump, but
the cover is sealed with silicone caulk for radon mitigation (there's
a radon pipe coming out of the pit). So my question is that if the
pit is sealed, then if the basement flooded, how would the water get
into the pit for the sump-pump to activate? Would I need to manually
break the seal and open the lid? If I'm out of town when this
happens, am I just screwed? I thought maybe there was a gap between
walls and floor as had been suggested, but it's sealed with the same
caulk as the pit lid. Has anyone seen this before? Am I just missing
something? I've never had water in the basement, but want to be safe
rather than sorry. Thanks

Water heater flue and radon mitigation pipe in close proximity - fire hazard?? [email protected] Home Repair 3 May 1st 07 03:25 AM
Radon Mitigation System - Fan in Basement? [email protected] Home Repair 6 November 2nd 06 10:18 PM
If a basement is sealed can it still test + for radon? 46erjoe Home Repair 29 June 29th 06 04:10 PM
Radon mitigation 46erjoe Home Repair 7 January 27th 06 06:42 PM
Air exhanger vs radon mitigation jack Home Repair 1 October 24th 04 09:12 PM