Posted to alt.home.repair

Default seagull barrier

i thought i already posted this question, but can't find it now.

this lady wants me to make this seagull barrier thing like we have on
most of the light standards downtown and in the shopping malls. it
sticks on the top of the light or post and looks sort of crown
shaped. it has tendrils that look to me to be made of heavy gauge
copper wire or maybe bent copper tubing, all attached to a circle at
the bottom, where it attaches to the post.

lady wants one for her new light/security camera gizmo sitting in her
front yard. she wants to buy one or have me make one. i couldn't
tell her how to look for one because i have no clue what they're
called.

anyone know what they're called or, even better, how to make one?
doesn't look flexible at all, sort of like a fence for seagles.

Thanks.
Gene

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 20, 5:19 pm, Gene Duprés wrote:
[...]

http://www.nixalite.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

Gene Duprés wrote:
i thought i already posted this question, but can't find it now.

this lady wants me to make this seagull barrier thing like we have on
most of the light standards downtown and in the shopping malls. it
sticks on the top of the light or post and looks sort of crown
shaped. it has tendrils that look to me to be made of heavy gauge
copper wire or maybe bent copper tubing, all attached to a circle at
the bottom, where it attaches to the post.

lady wants one for her new light/security camera gizmo sitting in her
front yard. she wants to buy one or have me make one. i couldn't
tell her how to look for one because i have no clue what they're
called.

anyone know what they're called or, even better, how to make one?
doesn't look flexible at all, sort of like a fence for seagles.

Jacob's Ladder
http://www.uoguelph.ca/~antoon/circ/...bs/jacobs.html

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 20, 2:19 pm, Gene Duprés wrote:
[...]

Google "bird spikes", you'll get a few (million) hits.

Jerry

Posted to alt.home.repair

"RicodJour" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Chuckle. They put those spike strips on the windowsills at work. The damn
pigeons use them to anchor the nests they build there.

aem sends...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 20, 8:35 pm, "aemeijers" wrote:
"RicodJour" wrote in message

ups.com...
[...]

i'll bet. no pigeons here though. just seagulls.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 20, 4:03 pm, Jerry wrote:
[...]

Thanks! That's the ticket!

Jerry

How to make an anti-seagull device Gene Duprés Home Repair 3 September 16th 07 07:02 PM
INSPIRATION - Seagull Toilet Paper Holder J T Woodworking 1 July 26th 07 01:38 PM
vapor barrier question with kraft faced batts and radiant barrier foil [email protected] Home Repair 3 December 4th 05 04:39 PM
radiant barrier stevie Home Repair 3 October 4th 05 04:42 PM
Radiant Barrier Help [email protected] Home Ownership 1 April 21st 05 07:30 PM