Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What size thread on the HD chimney brush rods?

Do they use the 1/4" or the 3/8" threads on the typical black
fibreglass chimney rods at home depot? I want to order a brush. I
think its quite large so I'd go for the 3/8 but I don't reallt
remember (I'm at work now so I can't check).

I presume I need an 11x11" brush for a chimney that size? No need to
go any larger is there?

Thanks!

Dean

Posted to alt.home.repair

"dean" wrote in message
ups.com...
Do they use the 1/4" or the 3/8" threads on the typical black
fibreglass chimney rods at home depot? I want to order a brush. I
think its quite large so I'd go for the 3/8 but I don't reallt
remember (I'm at work now so I can't check).

given those choices, they must be NPT. And they are typically 1/4".

I presume I need an 11x11" brush for a chimney that size? No need to
go any larger is there?

WHAT "that size"??? If your flue is an 11x11 then that's the size you need.
If it is a 8" round, then THAT is the size you need.

Thanks!

Dean

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 08:02:43 -0700, dean wrote:

Do they use the 1/4" or the 3/8" threads on the typical black
fibreglass chimney rods at home depot? I want to order a brush. I
think its quite large so I'd go for the 3/8 but I don't reallt
remember (I'm at work now so I can't check).

I presume I need an 11x11" brush for a chimney that size? No need to
go any larger is there?

Thanks!

Dean

Do you have any nuts or bolts you could try on for size? Taking unit to
hardware store should help you find the right size thread.

Looking for a thread size Prometheus Woodturning 19 November 16th 06 11:00 AM
What size brush for 11" square chimney? dean Home Repair 7 October 15th 06 03:36 AM
thread size 51 UK diy 8 September 22nd 06 06:21 PM
Another chimney thread TonyK UK diy 4 November 21st 05 05:31 PM
Where can I get a good chimney sweeping brush? [email protected] Home Repair 4 March 1st 05 12:07 AM