DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   What size thread on the HD chimney brush rods? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/214785-what-size-thread-hd-chimney-brush-rods.html)

dean September 17th 07 04:02 PM

What size thread on the HD chimney brush rods?

Do they use the 1/4" or the 3/8" threads on the typical black
fibreglass chimney rods at home depot? I want to order a brush. I
think its quite large so I'd go for the 3/8 but I don't reallt
remember (I'm at work now so I can't check).

I presume I need an 11x11" brush for a chimney that size? No need to
go any larger is there?

Thanks!

Dean

Steve Barker LT[_2_] September 17th 07 04:43 PM

What size thread on the HD chimney brush rods?

"dean" wrote in message
ups.com...
Do they use the 1/4" or the 3/8" threads on the typical black
fibreglass chimney rods at home depot? I want to order a brush. I
think its quite large so I'd go for the 3/8 but I don't reallt
remember (I'm at work now so I can't check).

given those choices, they must be NPT. And they are typically 1/4".

I presume I need an 11x11" brush for a chimney that size? No need to
go any larger is there?

WHAT "that size"??? If your flue is an 11x11 then that's the size you need.
If it is a 8" round, then THAT is the size you need.

Thanks!

Dean

franz frippl September 17th 07 07:37 PM

On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 08:02:43 -0700, dean wrote:

Do they use the 1/4" or the 3/8" threads on the typical black
fibreglass chimney rods at home depot? I want to order a brush. I
think its quite large so I'd go for the 3/8 but I don't reallt
remember (I'm at work now so I can't check).

I presume I need an 11x11" brush for a chimney that size? No need to
go any larger is there?

Thanks!

Dean

Do you have any nuts or bolts you could try on for size? Taking unit to
hardware store should help you find the right size thread.