Posted to alt.home.repair
franz frippl franz frippl is offline

Default What size thread on the HD chimney brush rods?

On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 08:02:43 -0700, dean wrote:

Do they use the 1/4" or the 3/8" threads on the typical black
fibreglass chimney rods at home depot? I want to order a brush. I
think its quite large so I'd go for the 3/8 but I don't reallt
remember (I'm at work now so I can't check).

I presume I need an 11x11" brush for a chimney that size? No need to
go any larger is there?

Thanks!

Dean

Do you have any nuts or bolts you could try on for size? Taking unit to
hardware store should help you find the right size thread.