Posted to alt.home.repair

Default NEC Washer - Wont Spin...

G'day,

I have a just-over 2 year NEC NW652 "Full Auto Electric Washing
Machine", which has suddenly stopped spinning when it gets to the SPIN
cycle.

The odd part of that, is that it still spins during the RINSE cycle...
but wont spin during the SPIN cycle...

Anyone familiar with these machines? Any insights? Not necessarily
planning on a DIY fix, but at least wanting some idea of cost of repair,
without having to find someone who will actually come to my house to
look at it... (given how difficult that can be, not to mention
expensive just for a "look")

Thanks greatly

cosmic
Posted to alt.home.repair

I cant imagine they are built much differently down under than they are here
in the states ,

sounds like a timer issue , but cant fix it over the internet .
and cant diagnose it without laying hands on it

good luck

cosmichobo wrote:
G'day,

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
cosmichobo wrote:

G'day,

I have a just-over 2 year NEC NW652 "Full Auto Electric Washing
Machine", which has suddenly stopped spinning when it gets to the SPIN
cycle.

The odd part of that, is that it still spins during the RINSE cycle...
but wont spin during the SPIN cycle...

Anyone familiar with these machines? Any insights? Not necessarily
planning on a DIY fix, but at least wanting some idea of cost of repair,
without having to find someone who will actually come to my house to
look at it... (given how difficult that can be, not to mention
expensive just for a "look")

Thanks greatly

cosmic

Hi again,

I got a repair guy in... and when I demonstrated the problem - it wasn't
there... the machine spun like a spinning top... on spin and all...

The tech said it sounds like the computer is going on the fritz... $300
AU parts & labour to repair...

We paid $520 AU for the machine in the first place...

When ya'll have said it sounds like "the timer", would that constitute a
complete new computer??

cheers

cosmic
Posted to alt.home.repair

yeppirs . so it sounds like instead of a timer , you have a digital control
board .
sounds very plausible ,

cosmichobo wrote:
In article ,