Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Delta shower drip - one more question

Hi,

I posted recently on this and am still working on trying to figure out
the best way to fix my dripping delat shower head. It's a Monitor -
1700 series.

I went on to the Delta tech support chat with a customer service
person and he sent me what he calls "New Seats, Springs and Quad
Seals".

He did not send me a new cartridge however.

So today I had that same plumber in my house installing a new sink and
he looked at the parts and made a face and said - "just get a new
cartridge".

So I went back onto the chat with delta and asked the guy about this
and he said no, the cartridge is designed not to have to be repaced
and that I can do this repair myself. I asked him how long it will
take me and he said if it's my first time I better have the whole
evening available in case their are problems like mineral debris.

I told the guy I don't mind spending the $60 for a new cartridge
because I figured they are just trying to save money by sending these
springs and washers but he said there's no need to do that.

Now I'm kind of confused.

Would appreciate any feedback on this topic.

Thanks,
Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair
Pat Pat is offline

wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Install the new parts. If it still drips then replace the ball. I would
plan on 30 minutes. The plumber doesn't want call backs. He replaces
everything to be sure. He also wants you to pay him so he is not going to
help you with useful advice.