Posted to alt.home.repair

Default undersink osmosis filter set up question

I have a dishwasher and garbage disposal unit and I want to add an under
sink osmosis filter.
The washer pumps out to some sort of vacuum break. The garbage disposal
also has connexion to the break.
Is it possible to eliminate or reroute those connexions and use that break
fitting hole in the sink for the osmosis filter output?
Would make life simple.
Thank you,
Seamus J. Wilson

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Seamus J. Wilson" wrote in message
I have a dishwasher and garbage disposal unit and I want to add an under
sink osmosis filter.
The washer pumps out to some sort of vacuum break. The garbage disposal
also has connexion to the break.
Is it possible to eliminate or reroute those connexions and use that break
fitting hole in the sink for the osmosis filter output?
Would make life simple.
Thank you,
Seamus J. Wilson

that may or may not be against building code in your area. in general, no.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thank you for the helpful replies.
Best,
Seamus J.
wrote in message
On Thu, 6 Sep 2007 15:12:59 -0700, "Seamus J. Wilson"
wrote:

I have a dishwasher and garbage disposal unit and I want to add an under
sink osmosis filter.
The washer pumps out to some sort of vacuum break. The garbage disposal
also has connexion to the break.
Is it possible to eliminate or reroute those connexions and use that break
fitting hole in the sink for the osmosis filter output?
Would make life simple.
Thank you,
Seamus J. Wilson

No, the air gap is to keep water from the garbage disposal from
siphoning back into the dish washer.