Posted to alt.home.repair
FMB FMB is offline

Default Replacement Windows

I'll be replacing the windows in my house shortly and would like to hear
some input on a couple of options I have locally. One is the Pella
Thermastar and the other is Jeld-Wen. Neither is their top of the line but
neither is my house. It's about 1700 sq ft built in the late 70's and
currently has aluminum frame sliders. I'll stay here 5 more years before
turning it into a rental.

Both brands will be Low-e, double pane, horizontal sliders. An approximate
price for an XOX ~96" X 48" was 320 P and 250 J. This one is for a nailer
as I have to take off the exterior siding in this area anyway. Retrofit for
an XO 57 1/4" X 33" was 206 P and 150 J.

Comments on these windows are appreciated.

FMB
(North Mexico)

Replacement Windows Win Home Repair 3 May 21st 07 09:28 PM
Replacement Windows Steve Hawkins Home Repair 6 March 12th 07 02:29 PM
Replacement Windows Matt Hoppes Home Repair 1 June 17th 06 07:17 AM
Replacement windows KTECH Home Repair 2 February 22nd 06 08:56 PM
replacement windows mid787 Home Ownership 4 October 16th 05 04:26 AM