Matt Hoppes

Default Replacement Windows

Lowes is currently offering ThermaStar windows by Pella (20 series)
vinyl replacement windows. Does anyone know how these fair? They are
argon filled. Does the argon break down over time? Will the windows
lose their ability to keep cold out? Or is the argon breaking down a myth?
Posted to alt.home.repair
cheaphomeowner

When we purchased our house last year, we had all new windows (9) and
doors & slider put in for only $4,200.00. All windows were
virgin vinly gold star energy with argon/double/double sash/tilt in
out with hurricaine glass and they have a lifetime free replacement
of glass, gas, and screens. This holds true with the slider as well.
The doors were energy star as well and the storm door was mid-range
Larson and upgrade to brass with brush nickle finish. Shop around,
there are better products at lower cost than what you can find at a
home improvement store.

Installing AC in vinyl replacement windows chemqueries Home Repair 3 June 27th 05 02:48 PM
Question on replacement windows Dave Balderstone Home Ownership 2 August 18th 04 04:55 AM
Wicks replacement windows zaax UK diy 1 July 1st 04 05:49 PM
Where can I get replacement sashes for old wood double hung windows? The Chairman Home Repair 1 April 16th 04 11:44 AM
[OT] Car insurance craziness The Q UK diy 173 August 2nd 03 10:58 PM