Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Furnace blower

The blower motor for my furnace/central air sounds labored
while running and there is an occasional screech. Bearings?

Thanks,
Larry T. Suddarth

Posted to alt.home.repair

Larry T. Suddarth wrote:

The blower motor for my furnace/central air sounds labored
while running and there is an occasional screech. Bearings?

Thanks,
Larry T. Suddarth

Hmmm,
Tried lubricating?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Tony Hwang wrote:
Larry T. Suddarth wrote:

The blower motor for my furnace/central air sounds labored
while running and there is an occasional screech. Bearings?

Thanks,
Larry T. Suddarth

Hmmm,
Tried lubricating?

Sealed...no oil cups or ports. That was the first thing I
looked for.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Larry T. Suddarth wrote:
Tony Hwang wrote:

Larry T. Suddarth wrote:

The blower motor for my furnace/central air sounds labored
while running and there is an occasional screech. Bearings?

Thanks,
Larry T. Suddarth

Hmmm,
Tried lubricating?

Sealed...no oil cups or ports. That was the first thing I
looked for.

Hmm,
Next thing is to check if the starting cap. is going South.
Since they're not that expensive, just replace.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Next thing is to check if the starting cap. is going South.
Since they're not that expensive, just replace."

he said "labored and occasional screech"

does that sound like a starting problem ??????
why dont we throw a new thermostat and put some freon in it too while were at
it
oh! and dont forget to wash the coils too ,

you dont make anymore sense here than you do over in alt.hvac

Note to OP, yes it sounds like bearings , direct drive i assume since you said
it has no oil ports ,

Tony Hwang wrote:

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Aug 30, 7:22 pm, "Larry T. Suddarth" wrote:
The blower motor for my furnace/central air sounds labored
while running and there is an occasional screech. Bearings?

Thanks,
Larry T. Suddarth

Direct drive or belt drive? If the latter take off the belt and check
the blower for free turning. If the bearings are bad there are
standard replacements that are easily done. For direct drive there are
severasl online sources for whatever new component you need. HTH

Joe

Posted to alt.home.repair

The Freon Cowboy wrote:
"Next thing is to check if the starting cap. is going South.
Since they're not that expensive, just replace."

he said "labored and occasional screech"

does that sound like a starting problem ??????
why dont we throw a new thermostat and put some freon in it too while were at
it
oh! and dont forget to wash the coils too ,

you dont make anymore sense here than you do over in alt.hvac

Note to OP, yes it sounds like bearings , direct drive i assume since you said
it has no oil ports ,

Tony Hwang wrote:

Hmmm,
Things in electric/electronics can act intermittent B4 it fail solid.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 20:22:45 -0400, "Larry T. Suddarth" wrote:

The blower motor for my furnace/central air sounds labored
while running and there is an occasional screech. Bearings?

Wouldn't hurt to mention age of unit ...

Check for oil aperture on motor. Oil if found.

Some of the older "non-oilable" blower motors were oilable. I nursed
my old Carrier (actually a Bryant) for 20 years.

Puddin'

"Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens!"
-Friedrich Schiller
Posted to alt.home.repair

I can GUARANTEE you, it aint the starting capacitor ,

IDIOT !!!!!!

Tony Hwang wrote: