Posted to alt.home.repair
SMS SMS is offline

Default Two clothes dryers on a single vent

A tenant called me regarding water in her dryer whenever the other
tenant in the duplex did laundry. She said it's been happening ever
since she moved in six months ago (this building's only been ours for
six months).

Water in the dryer? This was a new one. Well what I found is that the
laundry rooms back up to each other, and that two dryers have exhaust
hoses that connect together, then to a single vent outside through about
a six foot length of vent hose. When one tenant uses their dryer, part
of the moist air goes back into the other dryer where it condenses and
leaves a pool of water.

I thought of using two of those draft blockers, one on each section of
hose before it reaches the Y connection, but I was worried that if both
dryers are running at the same time that the back pressure will keep one
or the other from opening.

Running another vent hose out the wall is another option I guess. Is
there a hole saw for a 4" vent, or how do you cut a clean 4" hole
through stucco?
Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Running a new vent would be the solution. Lenox makes a carbide tipped hole
saw which would cut stucco, but it costs around $100. You can use a small
masonry bit and drill a circle of holes in the stucco, then chip it out from
the center

"SMS" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

"SMS" wrote in message
[...]

Yes, they make 4" hole saws.

Is the existing vent termination only 4"?
Are these gas or electric dryers?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"SMS" wrote in message
Running another vent hose out the wall is another option I guess. Is there
a hole saw for a 4" vent, or how do you cut a clean 4" hole through
stucco?

It is not another option, it is the only option to do it right.

Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
newsdGzi.17$j23.6@trndny06...

"SMS" wrote in message
Running another vent hose out the wall is another option I guess. Is

there
a hole saw for a 4" vent, or how do you cut a clean 4" hole through
stucco?

It is not another option, it is the only option to do it right.

In this case, venting them separately is the preferred choice. But, it's
acceptable to common vent more than one dryer, if you following the
instructions for multiple venting and IMC.