Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Attach flange to concrete

I need to attach a 2x2 gatepost, with a flange at the bottom, to my 4"
concrete sidewalk.

What is the best way of bolting the flange (4 holes) to the concrete? I have
a 1/2" hammer drill with a 9/16" concrete drill bit.

How do I proceed from here? Can I just drill 4 holes in the concrete with
my 9/16 bit and then insert some kind of a fastener in the holes? What kind?

--
Walter
www.rationality.net

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Walter R." wrote in message
I need to attach a 2x2 gatepost, with a flange at the bottom, to my 4"
concrete sidewalk.

What is the best way of bolting the flange (4 holes) to the concrete? I
have a 1/2" hammer drill with a 9/16" concrete drill bit.

How do I proceed from here? Can I just drill 4 holes in the concrete with
my 9/16 bit and then insert some kind of a fastener in the holes? What
kind?

--
Walter
www.rationality.net

what's going to be the side pressure on these? they have expanding bolts
that you drill holes, insert bolts, and wrench them to get them to expand.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 22, 3:07 pm, "Walter R." wrote:
I need to attach a 2x2 gatepost, with a flange at the bottom, to my 4"
concrete sidewalk.

What is the best way of bolting the flange (4 holes) to the concrete? I have
a 1/2" hammer drill with a 9/16" concrete drill bit.

How do I proceed from here? Can I just drill 4 holes in the concrete with
my 9/16 bit and then insert some kind of a fastener in the holes? What kind?

--
Walterwww.rationality.net
-

Do a Google search for "Concrete Sleeve Anchor". I've always had good
luck with them. Careful not to overtighten, however. You can snap
them with a breaker bar.

Posted to alt.home.repair

How do I proceed from here? Can I just drill 4 holes in the concrete
with my 9/16 bit and then insert some kind of a fastener in the holes?
What kind?

Accurately measure the size of the holes on the flange then go to Lowes or
Home Depot and ask them to show you the "RedHead" fasteners
http://smithfast.com/redibolt.htm I'm guessing you'll use the 1/4" ones

Make sure you get the proper sized drill bit.. It probably wont be a 9/16"

If there s a Harbor Freight Tools store where you are, get a whole set of
masonry bits for a few bucks. They dont last forever but are fine for "odd
jobs" like you re doing

Posted to alt.home.repair

trbo20 wrote:
On Aug 22, 3:07 pm, "Walter R." wrote:
I need to attach a 2x2 gatepost, with a flange at the bottom, to my
4" concrete sidewalk.

What is the best way of bolting the flange (4 holes) to the
concrete? I have a 1/2" hammer drill with a 9/16" concrete drill bit.

How do I proceed from here? Can I just drill 4 holes in the
concrete with my 9/16 bit and then insert some kind of a fastener in
the holes? What kind?

--
Walterwww.rationality.net
-

Do a Google search for "Concrete Sleeve Anchor". I've always had good
luck with them. Careful not to overtighten, however. You can snap
them with a breaker bar.

and be careful how close to the edge of the concrete you place the holes.If
you are right at the edge,when the sleeve expands it can break the side of
the concrete off.

Attach Rack to Concrete Wall.........Advice Needed bremen68 Woodworking 16 August 4th 05 01:02 PM
Surrey Flange [email protected] UK diy 7 June 16th 05 08:23 PM
How to make new concrete attach to old concrete JW Home Repair 8 June 27th 04 08:44 AM
How to make new concrete attach to old concrete JW Home Ownership 8 June 27th 04 08:44 AM