Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Afixing trim to a stucco wall

All,

I am refinishing my basement. The basement has stucco walls on the
inside (bleh.) I'd like to put up wood baseboard trim, to match the
rest of my house.

How to I attach the trim to a stucco wall? Do I just use a nail gun?
(would that even work?) Is there a kind of nail to use? Could I glue
it?

Eitheway, if anyone can recommend a product/method, I'd appreciate
it.

- Thanks

Todd

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 16, 12:29 pm, Todd wrote:
All,

I am refinishing my basement. The basement has stucco walls on the
inside (bleh.) I'd like to put up wood baseboard trim, to match the
rest of my house.

How to I attach the trim to a stucco wall? Do I just use a nail gun?
(would that even work?) Is there a kind of nail to use? Could I glue
it?

Eitheway, if anyone can recommend a product/method, I'd appreciate
it.

- Thanks

Todd

Id nail it and use some drywall compound along the top to fill the
gaps created between the stucco and board, mask the top of the
baseboard so its easier to apply the compound with a taping knife.
Then when you paint the wall it will look like the baseboard was
actually back-scribed to follow the wall.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 16, 1:19 pm, RickH wrote:
On Aug 16, 12:29 pm, Todd wrote:

All,

I am refinishing my basement. The basement has stucco walls on the
inside (bleh.) I'd like to put up wood baseboard trim, to match the
rest of my house.

How to I attach the trim to a stucco wall? Do I just use a nail gun?
(would that even work?) Is there a kind of nail to use? Could I glue
it?

Eitheway, if anyone can recommend a product/method, I'd appreciate
it.

- Thanks

Todd

Id nail it and use some drywall compound along the top to fill the
gaps created between the stucco and board, mask the top of the
baseboard so its easier to apply the compound with a taping knife.
Then when you paint the wall it will look like the baseboard was
actually back-scribed to follow the wall.- Hide quoted text -

Nailing I'm assuming you have some wood or studs behind there to nail
into.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 11:19:24 -0700, RickH
wrote:

On Aug 16, 12:29 pm, Todd wrote:
All,

I am refinishing my basement. The basement has stucco walls on the
inside (bleh.) I'd like to put up wood baseboard trim, to match the
rest of my house.

How to I attach the trim to a stucco wall? Do I just use a nail gun?
(would that even work?) Is there a kind of nail to use? Could I glue
it?

Eitheway, if anyone can recommend a product/method, I'd appreciate
it.

- Thanks

Todd

Id nail it and use some drywall compound along the top to fill the
gaps created between the stucco and board, mask the top of the
baseboard so its easier to apply the compound with a taping knife.
Then when you paint the wall it will look like the baseboard was
actually back-scribed to follow the wall.

Avoid joint compound in my world. Use a Latex Acrylic caulk on the
base board.
--
Oren

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 17:29:16 -0000, Todd
wrote:

All,

I am refinishing my basement. The basement has stucco walls on the
inside (bleh.) I'd like to put up wood baseboard trim, to match the
rest of my house.

How to I attach the trim to a stucco wall? Do I just use a nail gun?
(would that even work?) Is there a kind of nail to use? Could I glue
it?

Eitheway, if anyone can recommend a product/method, I'd appreciate
it.

- Thanks

Todd

You could use Liquid Nails or similar product. One basement wall is
concrete so I used the LN and leaned sand bags, paint cans, jugs of
water, and anything heavy I could find to brace it. The baseboard has
remained in place now for over 12 years.