Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction
BruceG

Default Building a stucco over wood framing courtyard wall

I would like to build a courtyard wall using wood framing with a stucco
finish. I live in California, and such walls are not uncommon, but I'm
unable to find any books, articles, info, etc, that covers the construction
of such a wall. I'm thinking that there might be recommended adjustments to
make due to the weight of the stucco, like using 4x6 posts on 6ft centers
instead of 4x4 on 8ft centers, etc.

Can anyone point me to some good sources of information?

Many Thanks...

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction
RicodJour

BruceG wrote:
I would like to build a courtyard wall using wood framing with a stucco
finish. I live in California, and such walls are not uncommon, but I'm
unable to find any books, articles, info, etc, that covers the construction
of such a wall. I'm thinking that there might be recommended adjustments to
make due to the weight of the stucco, like using 4x6 posts on 6ft centers
instead of 4x4 on 8ft centers, etc.

Can anyone point me to some good sources of information?

Any reason that you don't want to stucco a block wall instead? Explain
a bit more about what you're trying to do.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank Boettcher

On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 05:08:13 GMT, " BruceG"
wrote:

I would like to build a courtyard wall using wood framing with a stucco
finish. I live in California, and such walls are not uncommon, but I'm
unable to find any books, articles, info, etc, that covers the construction
of such a wall. I'm thinking that there might be recommended adjustments to
make due to the weight of the stucco, like using 4x6 posts on 6ft centers
instead of 4x4 on 8ft centers, etc.

Can anyone point me to some good sources of information?

Many Thanks...

I don't know all the details, but it might be more appropriate for you
to consider and acrylic stucco like Drivit or Sto over a wood frame.
They have web pages that talk about their application.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction
SQLit

" BruceG" wrote in message
. com...
I would like to build a courtyard wall using wood framing with a stucco
finish. I live in California, and such walls are not uncommon, but I'm
unable to find any books, articles, info, etc, that covers the

construction
of such a wall. I'm thinking that there might be recommended adjustments

make due to the weight of the stucco, like using 4x6 posts on 6ft centers
instead of 4x4 on 8ft centers, etc.

Can anyone point me to some good sources of information?

Many Thanks...

Shaky town,,,,, Better call the building department. The ground moves in
California. The building departments have all sorts of rules about
construction.

Where I live 4x4's are not allowed any more. Posts for a patio cover are 4x6
with a 18 inch deep 3 foot square footing for each one. And the ground does
not move here.

### micro-FAQ on wood # 50 P van Rijckevorsel Woodworking 0 October 27th 05 06:57 PM
Windsor Plywood Scam - Saskatoon James \(Garry\) Hunter Woodworking 19 January 4th 05 05:12 PM
Steam Bending Lumber - Any Good Sites Big John Woodworking 2 December 26th 04 07:30 PM
FAQ - Steambending gregg Woodworking 0 December 26th 04 03:06 PM
### micro-FAQ on wood # 024 P van Rijckevorsel Woodworking 0 November 13th 04 09:02 PM