Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Tiny Spiders

I am having a problem with very small spiders in my home. I see them
here and there on the ceiling, sometimes they drop down and onto
furniture or a lamp. This morning, I found one on my mattress. They
are not baby spiders on the way to growing larger, but rather they
look like this is their normal size, maybe 1/8"across.

How does one deal with this? Will fogging help? I can't see spraying
the ceiling, as that will probably impact the paint.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Lar Lar is offline

AE Todd wrote:
I am having a problem with very small spiders in my home. I see them
here and there on the ceiling, sometimes they drop down and onto
furniture or a lamp. This morning, I found one on my mattress. They
are not baby spiders on the way to growing larger, but rather they
look like this is their normal size, maybe 1/8"across.

How does one deal with this? Will fogging help? I can't see spraying
the ceiling, as that will probably impact the paint.

Probably coming in from the lawn outside, will literally be 100s of
thousands per yard. If you have recessed lighting they may be coming
from the attic also. A fogger will only kill what the chemical comes in
contact. Any general insecticide treatment from what you get from a
garden center that connects to the garden hose and treat the grass out
from the house and up the sides of the house. There are numerous
insecticide mixtures that you can treat the corners and other wall area
that won't effect the paint at all. Know too that what you may get over
the counter may only have an effectiveness of days to a couple of weeks.

Lar
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article .com,
AE Todd wrote:

I am having a problem with very small spiders in my home. I see them
here and there on the ceiling, sometimes they drop down and onto
furniture or a lamp. This morning, I found one on my mattress. They
are not baby spiders on the way to growing larger, but rather they
look like this is their normal size, maybe 1/8"across.

How does one deal with this? Will fogging help? I can't see spraying
the ceiling, as that will probably impact the paint.

Sadly, this "diminutive spider syndrome" is becoming more widespread,
and it's directly traceable to the Pussification of the American Male
that we've heard so much about lately.

The trouble is, household spiders feed on what we leave for them. Time
was, that was a bowl of Wheaties (Breakfast of Champions) and a cup of
black coffee. Your basic spider could thrive on that. Nowadays, they're
raised on bagels and diced fruit, and maybe one of those sissy foil
pouch drinks. Good grief. How could a self-respecting spider hope to
even grow a penis with diced fruit?

What I'd suggest, short of some real genetic engineering, is a couple of
hand grenades set off in the house. This will kill most of your pussy
spiders, leaving the biggest and toughest ones behind. Given the
relatively short life-cycle of most spiders, you'll need to do this
every three months for about a year and a half. By then, you should have
some real brawny spiders around the house.

Not only will they be big and beefy, they'll be real Man spiders.
They'll be a lot more inclined to watch football with you instead of
playing backgammon.

Spiders Dave UK diy 14 September 3rd 06 07:27 PM
Spiders in the tub [email protected] Home Repair 11 August 17th 06 12:54 AM
Spiders Phisherman Home Repair 8 August 7th 06 08:14 PM
Spiders warbler Woodworking 31 October 21st 05 05:34 AM
spiders in house grodenhiATgmailDOTcom Home Repair 11 September 25th 05 02:40 PM