Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Buying a kitchen faucet (online?)

I'm wondering about good places to buy something like (exactly!) a
kitchen faucet online. My almost 100 year old house has a wall-mounted
faucet over a double porcelain sink, but I've been growing increasingly
aware of how preferable it would be to have one with a spigot with a
longer reach (my aching back tells me that!). The current one is 5.5"
from end to end, and I figure that a 10" reach would be about perfect
(it's hard to know without installing it and using it, though).

I went around to about all of the local B&M places I can think of and
found a few candidates:

One that looks about perfect, but is $250 + tax. Ceramic cartridges.
It's the only one I found that's within 2.5" of 10 inches spigot length!

One with a spigot that is 12.5 inches long, and I'm afraid it's really
too long but wouldn't know without living with it for a bit. $50+tax.
Old style washers, made in Taiwan or China.

There's some others, but the ones above are at the top of the list.

Since I had my water main replaced this year, I think I can get along
with ceramic cartridges, so that would be a plus.

Before I spring for one of the ones described, I figured I should try to
find something better online. I'd appreciate comments and/or links.
Thanks.

Dan

Buying fence online Jack Home Repair 2 April 15th 07 01:02 AM
Buying a kitchen sink faucet in Chicago? Ajanta Home Repair 42 November 12th 06 10:36 PM
Buying a kitchen sink faucet in Chicago? Ajanta Home Ownership 41 November 12th 06 10:36 PM
Buying plumbing fixtures online? [email protected] Home Ownership 0 January 24th 05 11:05 PM
buying an adirondack chair online Russ Woodworking 0 December 29th 04 06:38 PM