Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan_Musicant Dan_Musicant is offline

Default Buying a kitchen faucet (online?)

On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 15:32:10 -0400, "Charlie Bress"
wrote:

:
:"Dan_Musicant" wrote in message
:news : I'm wondering about good places to buy something like (exactly!) a
: kitchen faucet online. My almost 100 year old house has a wall-mounted
: faucet over a double porcelain sink, but I've been growing increasingly
: aware of how preferable it would be to have one with a spigot with a
: longer reach (my aching back tells me that!). The current one is 5.5"
: from end to end, and I figure that a 10" reach would be about perfect
: (it's hard to know without installing it and using it, though).
:
:
:I looked at the Pegasus faucets at HD. What little I could find about them
:had decent reviews.
:On a whim I went to eBay and did a search for the model I liked and found
ne for about half the HD price.
:It was advertised as new-in-the-box.
:Like Columbus, I took a chance.
:It has been installed for about six months now and I have no complaints.
:
:BTW it replaced an eight year old Moen that was awful.
:
:Charlie

Thanks. I found a Kingston on ebay. I don't like the handles, but the
reach is about what I figure would work, 10". I've seen a lot of
Kingston in various independent stores. They are made in Asia (China or
Taiwan, I don't know which). I have no idea of the quality. I figure it
can't be great but possibly OK. Here's the item I found:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wall-Mount-Kitch...photoh osting

Dan