Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Rust stains on formica

There is a rust stain on the formica in my downstairs
kitchen. How can I clean it off?

Dick
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Dick Adams" wrote in message
There is a rust stain on the formica in my downstairs
kitchen. How can I clean it off?

Look in cleaning supply aisle at grocery for 'rust x' or similar. Around
here, it is sold as a powder. Shake it on, dribble water on to make a paste,
and let it sit awhile. If that leaves any residue after a couple
applications, cover with a paper towel soaked in bleach for awhile.

aem sends....

Posted to alt.home.repair

"aemeijers" wrote in message

"Dick Adams" wrote in message
There is a rust stain on the formica in my downstairs
kitchen. How can I clean it off?

Look in cleaning supply aisle at grocery for 'rust x' or similar. Around
here, it is sold as a powder. Shake it on, dribble water on to make a
paste, and let it sit awhile. If that leaves any residue after a couple
applications, cover with a paper towel soaked in bleach for awhile.

aem sends....

Be really careful with the Bleach if it is a dark color! We have a bleach
spot on our Navy blue counter from bleach. Never, EVER before had I had
this problem. Bleach was always my Ace in the hole.

Lemon juice from the green bottle might also work. Keep it wet and let it
sit.

--
Colbyt
One picture can be worth a 1000 words.

Rust Stains on Concrete [email protected] Home Repair 2 August 11th 06 03:02 AM
Cleaning Stains From Formica Kitchen Surface ? Robert11 Home Repair 5 January 10th 06 04:04 PM
rust stains on wall [email protected] UK diy 5 October 8th 05 09:42 AM
Stains on Formica!!! marc Home Repair 2 January 9th 05 02:57 PM
Rust Stains from Frigidaire Gallery Helge Moulding Home Ownership 4 June 15th 04 05:59 PM