DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Rust stains on formica (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/210395-rust-stains-formica.html)

Dick Adams[_2_] August 10th 07 06:49 AM

Rust stains on formica

There is a rust stain on the formica in my downstairs
kitchen. How can I clean it off?

Dick

aemeijers August 10th 07 07:59 AM

Rust stains on formica

"Dick Adams" wrote in message
There is a rust stain on the formica in my downstairs
kitchen. How can I clean it off?

Look in cleaning supply aisle at grocery for 'rust x' or similar. Around
here, it is sold as a powder. Shake it on, dribble water on to make a paste,
and let it sit awhile. If that leaves any residue after a couple
applications, cover with a paper towel soaked in bleach for awhile.

aem sends....

Colbyt August 10th 07 09:05 PM

Rust stains on formica

"aemeijers" wrote in message

"Dick Adams" wrote in message
There is a rust stain on the formica in my downstairs
kitchen. How can I clean it off?

Look in cleaning supply aisle at grocery for 'rust x' or similar. Around
here, it is sold as a powder. Shake it on, dribble water on to make a
paste, and let it sit awhile. If that leaves any residue after a couple
applications, cover with a paper towel soaked in bleach for awhile.

aem sends....

Be really careful with the Bleach if it is a dark color! We have a bleach
spot on our Navy blue counter from bleach. Never, EVER before had I had
this problem. Bleach was always my Ace in the hole.

Lemon juice from the green bottle might also work. Keep it wet and let it
sit.

--
Colbyt
One picture can be worth a 1000 words.