Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What kind of alarm is this?

What kind of alarm is this:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=6gy5n52

And is it possible to get it to call me? I am about to get it
connected and set up with a security service but if it can call me I
will do that instead.

Thanks!

Dean

Posted to alt.home.repair

dean wrote:
What kind of alarm is this:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=6gy5n52

And is it possible to get it to call me? I am about to get it
connected and set up with a security service but if it can call me I
will do that instead.

Thanks!

Dean

looks like Ademco. look for a metal box where all the wires go back to
and see if there are some names and numbers on or in it. It is possible
to get it to call you. depends on what model it is.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 01:01:36 -0000, dean
wrote:

What kind of alarm is this:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=6gy5n52

That's only the keypad, you know. The rest of the alarm is somewhere
else, maybe the basement, maybe a closet, in a metal box. I'm sure
inside the box it will have a brand name and even a model number.

And is it possible to get it to call me? I am about to get it
connected and set up with a security service but if it can call me I
will do that instead.

Callyou on the telephone? I wanted that myself but never got it set
up. Then the thing burnt up, and now I'm dealing with a friend, so
I'm doing things the way he likes to.

The alarms come only with digital communicators that only communicate
with digital stuff.

But there are separate boxes that will call you with "voice" They
can be triggered by your alarm. IIRC, they dial one number and play
your prercorded message several times (because the machine doesn't
know when someone answered, if at all). Then it goes on to the next
number you've stored and does the same thing. Then two more numbers.
If someone enters a code, it will stop, but then that person is pretty
much obliged to call the police. ACtually everyone at every number
should have agreed to call you back or call the police.

X-10 might be a source, but if not, write back. It's in my basement,
cost 100 dollars, never used.

Thanks!

Dean