Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Anyone got the Honda eu6500i?

Was wondering if people think its worth the $$$$$ price tag? Seems
like the absolute perfect generator for all kinds of use. Noise level
is 52db at 1/4 power, and 62 at full power.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"dean" wrote in message
ups.com...
Was wondering if people think its worth the $$$$$ price tag? Seems
like the absolute perfect generator for all kinds of use. Noise level
is 52db at 1/4 power, and 62 at full power.

The EU2000i is worth the price; had it running yesterday and couldn't hear
it when I was talking to a neighbor.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 9, 9:07 pm, "Toller" wrote:
"dean" wrote in message

ups.com... Was wondering if people think its worth the $$$$$ price tag? Seems
like the absolute perfect generator for all kinds of use. Noise level
is 52db at 1/4 power, and 62 at full power.

The EU2000i is worth the price; had it running yesterday and couldn't hear
it when I was talking to a neighbor.

I have the 2000i and love it too! But it doesn't have 220V which I
could use for my well. Alternatively I could get hold of a cheapo
wholesale generator and keep it for the emergencies but where's the
fun in that?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"dean" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Aug 9, 9:07 pm, "Toller" wrote:
"dean" wrote in message

ups.com... Was
wondering if people think its worth the $$$$$ price tag? Seems
like the absolute perfect generator for all kinds of use. Noise level
is 52db at 1/4 power, and 62 at full power.

The EU2000i is worth the price; had it running yesterday and couldn't
hear
it when I was talking to a neighbor.

I have the 2000i and love it too! But it doesn't have 220V which I
could use for my well. Alternatively I could get hold of a cheapo
wholesale generator and keep it for the emergencies but where's the
fun in that?

Have you tested the pump to see how many amps you need to start it?
I also have a Yamaha 1000. They claim it will produce 2500w for a couple
seconds. I don't know about that, but it will start my refrigerator that
draws 1500w to start. Obviously that won't help you, but the Yamaha 3500
might be adequate. Certainly cheaper, quieter and less consumptive than the
EU6500.
I got the second generator for another purpose, but wanted to be sure it
could backup my Honda EU2000. Yamaha said their 1000 would start my
refrigerator, Honda said their 1000 wouldn't. Easy decision.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Meat Plow" wrote in message
On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 03:34:10 +0000, Toller wrote:

"dean" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Aug 9, 9:07 pm, "Toller" wrote:
"dean" wrote in message

[...]

Where do you live where your electric service is so unreliable that you
need a backup generator for your generator

My wife asked me the very same question.
I don't, but I needed a light generator because it is a long difficult carry
to where I need to use it; and as long as I was getting it, it might as well
be a redundant back up.

Posted to alt.home.repair

So, what's it cost? I found two hits on google, and no prices
listed.

You did see that it weighs 253 pounds, empty? I guess there is a
reason they have it pictured as being on wheels.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"dean" wrote in message
ups.com...
: Was wondering if people think its worth the $$$$$ price tag?
Seems
: like the absolute perfect generator for all kinds of use. Noise
level
: is 52db at 1/4 power, and 62 at full power.
:

Posted to alt.home.repair

Northeast OH? I'm in western NY, we lose power once a year, on
average. We had an ice storm in 03 that had me without power four
days. Long enough for my trailer to get plenty frigid cold.

I have used my generator to help friends out. I took it to
Buffalo for the october 13 surprise the year before last. And
closer to home when a welfare person I know lost power due to non
payment. Early March, and it was near zero a couple of nights.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Meat Plow" wrote in message
:
: Where do you live where your electric service is so unreliable
that you
: need a backup generator for your generator
:
: We had a series of storms here in northeast ohio yesterday that
kicked me
: off the grid for 3 hours. Was nice to have power for my PC and
DSL
: modem/router, fridge and ham radio gear from my Coleman 4Kw
generator.
:

Posted to alt.home.repair

My backup generator is an ETQ 1200 watt. About 50 pounds dry, and
it's a two stroke. Burns gas oil mix. I can't compare it to
Honda, but I fired it up for testing, and was astounded how quiet
it is.

Mine was about $150 from Ebay, that includes the freight to have
RPS bring it to my door step. Another store near me has them
cash and carry for $200. I know my ETQ will run a 30 or 40 year
old furnace with belt drive, I've done it. That, on the end of
about 75 feet of extension cord. I'm impressed with it.

If you get an ETQ, I suggest to take off the rectangular cover
over the air filter. Spot and drill a hole so you can put a
squirt of ether on the air filter foam. Otherwise, it can be
impossible to start.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Toller" wrote in message
:
:
: Where do you live where your electric service is so
unreliable that you
: need a backup generator for your generator
:
: My wife asked me the very same question.
: I don't, but I needed a light generator because it is a long
difficult carry
: to where I need to use it; and as long as I was getting it, it
might as well
: be a redundant back up.
:
:

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:

So, what's it cost?

$3000-3500. I wish it were water cooled for easier cogen.

Nick

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article . com,
dean wrote:

Was wondering if people think its worth the $$$$$ price tag? Seems
like the absolute perfect generator for all kinds of use. Noise level
is 52db at 1/4 power, and 62 at full power.

I have the EU2000i

http://www.hondapowerequipment.com/M...elName=eu2000i

for camping and it is great.

I can only assume that the 6500 would be just a good.

http://www.hondapowerequipment.com/M...Name=eu6500isa

Of course, one pays a premium for the name and, presumably the R&D that made
it possible, but they appear to be well worth the price.
--

JR

Posted to alt.home.repair

That's rather pricey. For that kind of money, you could build a
metal shed, and insulate the inside of the shed with fiberglass
for sound deadening. Put a power vent on the roof of the shed to
draw off the heat. And then buy a Coleman generator.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

wrote in message
: Stormin Mormon wrote:
:
: So, what's it cost?
:
: $3000-3500. I wish it were water cooled for easier cogen.
:
: Nick
:

Posted to alt.home.repair

I paid less than three grand for my last vehicle, and it's water
cooled. Comes with a 20 gal tank, too.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

wrote in message
: Stormin Mormon wrote:
:
: So, what's it cost?
:
: $3000-3500. I wish it were water cooled for easier cogen.
:
: Nick
:

Posted to alt.home.repair

dean wrote:

Was wondering if people think its worth the $$$$$ price tag? Seems
like the absolute perfect generator for all kinds of use. Noise level
is 52db at 1/4 power, and 62 at full power.

FWIW - I've had my Honda 6500 for over 20 years now and it still runs great.
I live in the country where wells and septic are standard and if the grid
goes out you might as well leave town.

I have a separate panel with a welding socket in the garage that I backfeed
into from the 220V output of the generator. Of course the main on my box
must be tripped and this method runs my well pump (220V), my furnace, my
refrideration, my TV, lights, computer(s), most lights and in the summer,
some AC units. When not in use I keep a trickle charger connected to keep
the battery topped up and I try to run it for a few minutes each month for
a while.

While minor features have changed over the years the units are still
basically the same but the price has rocketed to about three times what I
paid. But, it was money well spent and it has been worth every penny.

Go for it!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 12, 9:58 pm, "James" no wrote:
[...]

The backup generator I have (eu2000i) is ONLY 110V, so it can't power
the well pump, which is the only thing I have that's 220V. Otherwise
yes, I would attempt to star the well with the generator I have.

-Dean

Honda HRB 475 Martin Williams Home Repair 1 June 8th 05 11:40 PM
Honda ad Ken Sterling Metalworking 12 November 25th 04 04:35 AM
honda lawnmower Patt Home Repair 2 April 17th 04 07:49 PM
Honda G65 Bill Woodworking 2 September 22nd 03 05:07 PM