Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Anyone got the Honda eu6500i?

My backup generator is an ETQ 1200 watt. About 50 pounds dry, and
it's a two stroke. Burns gas oil mix. I can't compare it to
Honda, but I fired it up for testing, and was astounded how quiet
it is.

Mine was about $150 from Ebay, that includes the freight to have
RPS bring it to my door step. Another store near me has them
cash and carry for $200. I know my ETQ will run a 30 or 40 year
old furnace with belt drive, I've done it. That, on the end of
about 75 feet of extension cord. I'm impressed with it.

If you get an ETQ, I suggest to take off the rectangular cover
over the air filter. Spot and drill a hole so you can put a
squirt of ether on the air filter foam. Otherwise, it can be
impossible to start.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Toller" wrote in message
:
:
: Where do you live where your electric service is so
unreliable that you
: need a backup generator for your generator
:
: My wife asked me the very same question.
: I don't, but I needed a light generator because it is a long
difficult carry
: to where I need to use it; and as long as I was getting it, it
might as well
: be a redundant back up.
:
: