Posted to alt.home.repair
dean dean is offline

Default Anyone got the Honda eu6500i?

On Aug 12, 9:58 pm, "James" no wrote:
FINALLY an answer to his question !!

James

-----------------

FWIW - I've had my Honda 6500 for over 20 years now and it still runs great.
I live in the country where wells and septic are standard and if the grid
goes out you might as well leave town.

I have a separate panel with a welding socket in the garage that I backfeed
into from the 220V output of the generator. Of course the main on my box
must be tripped and this method runs my well pump (220V), my furnace, my
refrideration, my TV, lights, computer(s), most lights and in the summer,
some AC units. When not in use I keep a trickle charger connected to keep
the battery topped up and I try to run it for a few minutes each month for
a while.

While minor features have changed over the years the units are still
basically the same but the price has rocketed to about three times what I
paid. But, it was money well spent and it has been worth every penny.

Go for it!

The backup generator I have (eu2000i) is ONLY 110V, so it can't power
the well pump, which is the only thing I have that's 220V. Otherwise
yes, I would attempt to star the well with the generator I have.

-Dean