Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Supplies source in Baltimore metro area- ever heard of this?

I heard from a contractor type that there's a place somewhere in
Baltimore that sells/auctions building supplies at below market
prices. The story I hear is they buy from distressed contractors, etc.
Apparently they're open Fridays and weekends; the inventory varies
from week to week and can be soup to nuts.

This contractor swears by them, but can never remember their name or
address when I ask him. A google search was no help. Anyone in the
Balto / DC area ever heard of this place?

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

was it this place:
http://www.wbma.net/

Or was it someplace with "door" in the name located somewhere in AA
county?

I assume that you not thinking about The Loading Dock, which moved
recently and mostly sells used house parts.

It might be helpful if you could remember something more about the
place, like what art of town they are in.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Hey, Scott-
I'll ask this contractor guy if WBMA is the one he meant. He can never
remember the name, or the town, for some reason. If you're in the
Balto area and interested in this kind of thing, another one I found
(after posting) is southernsalesservices.com, also a retail / auction
place.

I'm in NoVA, so there's a logistics question for getting myself up
there and building materials (for door and window projects) back to
the house.

Thanks for your post,
Dave O

Posted to alt.home.repair

I'll ask this contractor guy if WBMA is the one he meant. He can never
remember the name, or the town, for some reason. If you're in the
Balto area and interested in this kind of thing, another one I found
(after posting) is southernsalesservices.com, also a retail / auction
place.

I'll have to check that place out sometime. That place is easy
walking distance from my house.