Posted to alt.home.repair

Default (Q:) Switched light on load side of GFCI outlet

I've wired quite a few GFCI outlet but always as a string of
outlets. We recently put in a bathroom, and I ran a new 20 amp
grounded circuit.

I've done a lot of research on GFCI yet I am unclear if I can add a
switched light on the load side of a GFCI outlet?

I initially thought that I would have to pigtail the line side with
separate wires going to the line side of the GFCI and the other set
feeding the switch. Looking at the GFCI concept, the light is still a
load and given this light in total is no more than 150 watts, it seems
as if this should not be an issue.

Am I correct?

switched outlet boatmanski Home Repair 8 June 23rd 07 08:52 PM
replacing regular outlet with GFCI, involving light switch KLS Home Ownership 4 February 16th 07 01:08 AM
Switched outlet to always on [email protected] Home Repair 2 February 5th 07 02:36 AM
is gfci outlet good replacement for two-prong non-grounded outlet ?? [email protected] Home Repair 3 December 5th 06 04:01 PM
Two circuts on load side of GFCI? kevins_news Home Repair 5 October 26th 05 10:06 PM