Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Shop-Vac Warranty Kudos

Fair is fair. ****-poor service gets enough barking.

Have had one of those econo 5gal ShopVacs for 2 1/2 years. Motor fried. Box
says 2yr warranty. Paper warranty inside says 3 yrs. Call local authorized
center. They say it's goofy but no service centers service SV equipment.
Just sell units and accessories. Need to call SV.

I call SV. Tell them motor is fried. Gave him month and year purchased. He
says it's out of warranty but immediately says they will honor the
warranty. I did mention that the internal paperwork said 3 years. Moot at
this point though.

Ask him what I need to send them as far as defective part & paperwork. He
says nothing. One week later I got a new motor.

Al...
Posted to alt.home.repair

Thanks for posting this.

There are lots of companies that have forgotten proper Customer
Service. Really helps to id some that are helpful.

Cheers,

On Sun, 29 Jul 2007 16:45:12 -0500, Al Bundy wrote:

Fair is fair. ****-poor service gets enough barking.

Have had one of those econo 5gal ShopVacs for 2 1/2 years. Motor fried. Box
says 2yr warranty. Paper warranty inside says 3 yrs. Call local authorized
center. They say it's goofy but no service centers service SV equipment.
Just sell units and accessories. Need to call SV.

I call SV. Tell them motor is fried. Gave him month and year purchased. He
says it's out of warranty but immediately says they will honor the
warranty. I did mention that the internal paperwork said 3 years. Moot at
this point though.

Ask him what I need to send them as far as defective part & paperwork. He
says nothing. One week later I got a new motor.

Al...

"Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens!"
-Friedrich Schiller

Kudos to Scott's jJim McLaughlin Home Repair 0 June 2nd 07 09:02 PM
Kudos to Grizzly todd Woodworking 17 March 16th 07 07:19 PM
Kudos to Amazon! Leuf Woodworking 3 March 13th 06 02:23 AM
Delta Kudos [email protected] Woodworking 2 May 14th 05 02:09 AM