Posted to alt.home.repair
Dig Dig is offline

Default air conditioning thermostat failure question

All 3 are the same type from Honeywell, the reason for using the same kind
was that it had a plug in application
and no need to rewire, but if I have to replace the thermostat every season,
I will try a different route.
thanks to all for the help
jeff

Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

"Dig" wrote in message
. ..
All 3 are the same type from Honeywell, the reason for using the same kind
was that it had a plug in application
and no need to rewire, but if I have to replace the thermostat every

season,
I will try a different route.
thanks to all for the help
jeff

Change to a different model of Honeywell or Robertshaw.

The first model of the digital round (T8700) had a failure, looks like the
second model does too. :-(

I've had good results with the following series of stats...

Honeywell
FocusPro 5000
FocusPro 6000
VisionPro 8000

Robertshaw
9400's
9500's
9600's

There are many stats from these categories to meet your needs.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I got a very nice Honeywell pgmbl tstat in '84. Lasted about 3
years.

The White-Rodgers on my wall now has been in service for 20 years.
Threatens to outlast -me-.

I'd count 3-strikes-yore-out for Honeywell. Do some homework,
id a mnfgr with a good rep and tstat with your needed features,
and buy/install.

Honeywell and I are "No Mo'!" (whenever I can get away with
it).

On Sun, 29 Jul 2007 09:59:26 -0400, "Dig" wrote:

[...]

"Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens!"
-Friedrich Schiller