Posted to alt.home.repair
Jorge

Default RUDD Air Conditioning Question

I rent out a house that has a RUDD Air Conditiong Unit UE!B-1610BYS and
all of a sudden the blades on the fan outside stopped working. Now if i
turn the air inside the house i hear it working but only get room
temperature air. I was wondering if anyone would know if there is a
part that i need to replace inside the unit. I have someone working on
it but just wanted to do my homework on this as well. thank you

Posted to alt.home.repair
SQLit

"Jorge" wrote in message
oups.com...
I rent out a house that has a RUDD Air Conditiong Unit UE!B-1610BYS and
all of a sudden the blades on the fan outside stopped working. Now if i
turn the air inside the house i hear it working but only get room
temperature air. I was wondering if anyone would know if there is a
part that i need to replace inside the unit. I have someone working on
it but just wanted to do my homework on this as well. thank you

call a licensed pro in your neighbor hood. Trouble shooting with your
description is impossible.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default RUUD Air Conditioning Question

Jorge wrote:

I rent out a house that has a RUUD Air Conditiong Unit UE!B-1610BYS and
all of a sudden the blades on the fan outside stopped working. Now if i
turn the air inside the house i hear it working but only get room
temperature air. I was wondering if anyone would know if there is a
part that i need to replace inside the unit. I have someone working on
it but just wanted to do my homework on this as well.

The fan is probably available cheapest from W. W. Grainger or Johnstone
Supply, and while Grainger normally sells only to wholesale customers,
they've been known to make exceptions for those who pay in cash. It's
a good idea to change the motor capacitor as well.

Before doing anything else, turn off the electricity, not just at the
breaker box but also by pulling the fuses from the box mounted on the
condenser unit.

Don't drop the fan motor into the A/C or it may pierce through copper
tubing, resulting in loss of freon and costly bill to have it fixed and
recharged.

The fan may be hard to remove from the original motor, and if it's bent
in the process, replace it since a straightened fan will vibrate badly.

The wire splices have to be waterproof, so don't use ordinary wire nuts
or butt connectors. Secure the wiring so it doesn't dangle at all and
can't get cut by the fan blades. A/C units normally vibrate, and
wiring that moves can eventually fail. Any plastic wire ties should be
black, to resist UV sunlight.

It's a good idea to replace the motor capacitor with the motor, but
discharge the capacitor first by shorting its terminals with a
plastic-handled screwdriver.

OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Central Air Conditioning Sizing Question Max Cohen Home Ownership 11 September 20th 04 07:13 AM
Air Conditioning question [email protected] Home Repair 10 September 2nd 04 04:43 PM
Plumbing Question Jeff UK diy 4 December 1st 03 01:49 PM
Question????? Sir Edgar Woodworking 8 July 20th 03 05:22 PM