Posted to alt.fashion,alt.home.repair

Default How to remove make-up from concrete mixer?

Most of it washed off with water and scrubbing, but there's still a
red stain all over inside that wouldn't come off with gunk or lacquer
thinner. This is definitely not rust.

Is there anything in make-up that can harm concrete?

No, I wasn't making out with the mixer. This thing came from a
cosmetics factory and then sat unused in a warehouse for several
years.

That's right, ladies - your make-up is made in concrete mixers!

Posted to alt.fashion,alt.home.repair

According to :
Most of it washed off with water and scrubbing, but there's still a
red stain all over inside that wouldn't come off with gunk or lacquer
thinner. This is definitely not rust.

Is there anything in make-up that can harm concrete?

Not at those quantities.

No, I wasn't making out with the mixer. This thing came from a
cosmetics factory and then sat unused in a warehouse for several
years.

That's right, ladies - your make-up is made in concrete mixers!

The alternate is a Hobart (restaurant duty mixer), and those
things are _expensive_.

[High power model rocket motor and fireworks manufacturers use Hobarts
to mix large batches of propellants.]

You could always put in a couple shovels of sand, some water to make
it a thickish slurry and run the machine for a while. That'll
sand most of the rest off.
--
Chris Lewis,

Posted to alt.fashion,alt.home.repair

wrote in message
ups.com...
Most of it washed off with water and scrubbing, but there's still a
red stain all over inside that wouldn't come off with gunk or lacquer
thinner. This is definitely not rust.

Is there anything in make-up that can harm concrete?

No, I wasn't making out with the mixer. This thing came from a
cosmetics factory and then sat unused in a warehouse for several
years.

That's right, ladies - your make-up is made in concrete mixers!

I'd take a guess that the first batch would clean it out. Certainly enough to
solve any problem.

Bob

Posted to alt.fashion,alt.home.repair

Run a batch or two of concrete in it. I really don't think there
is anything in light residue that could harm concrete, the only
things that really affect concrete is sugar and some sulphate
compounds, neither of which I would expect in makeup.

If you are really worried, run a batch of sand, gravel, and water
and let it run until you have new shiny steel.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

wrote in message
ups.com...
Most of it washed off with water and scrubbing, but there's
still a
red stain all over inside that wouldn't come off with gunk or
lacquer
thinner. This is definitely not rust.

Is there anything in make-up that can harm concrete?

No, I wasn't making out with the mixer. This thing came from a
cosmetics factory and then sat unused in a warehouse for several
years.

That's right, ladies - your make-up is made in concrete mixers!

Posted to alt.fashion,alt.home.repair

Most of it washed off with water and scrubbing, but there's still a
red stain all over inside that wouldn't come off with gunk or lacquer
thinner. This is definitely not rust.

Probably a mineral pigment. Run it with a slurry of quartz sand and pool
acid.

Cosmetics are the most common, base, and ordinary things dressed up to look
glamorous. Basically ground up rocks mixed with grease. The essence of
the business is to create an illusion of elegance, when the physical
reality is the opposite. Best not to think about this too much.

Concrete mixer, how to get a good mix? ** Frank ** Home Repair 5 June 6th 07 12:53 PM
help me remove a shower mixer tap demendonca UK diy 2 November 4th 06 11:33 AM
Concrete Mixer Leveled UK diy 6 August 13th 06 09:26 PM
How to remove an insert on a shower mixer. HLAH UK diy 0 August 10th 06 12:42 PM
Remove concrete sealer from fresh concrete Steve Miles Metalworking 8 May 25th 04 02:37 PM