Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Garage Door

I just got through painting my garage door today. And I noticed that the
rubber seal on the outside of the door has yellowed. I didn't paint it
because I was using latex weatherproof paint. I painted it the same color it
was, white. The yellow seal, that was white, makes the door look bad. What
can I do about it? The seal is still in perfect shape so I don't want to
replace it. And it was washed with a Clorox solution recently.
Thanks!
Donna

Posted to alt.home.repair

Meat Plow wrote:
On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 17:49:33 -0700, dyork wrote:

I just got through painting my garage door today. And I noticed that the
rubber seal on the outside of the door has yellowed. I didn't paint it
because I was using latex weatherproof paint. I painted it the same color it
was, white. The yellow seal, that was white, makes the door look bad. What
can I do about it? The seal is still in perfect shape so I don't want to
replace it. And it was washed with a Clorox solution recently.
Thanks!
Donna

Either live with it or replace it.

Hi,
I had both sides seals replaced which cost ~100.00.
You don't have to look at them and notice it every day, LOL!
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I just got through painting my garage door today. And I noticed that the
rubber seal on the outside of the door has yellowed. I didn't paint it
because I was using latex weatherproof paint. I painted it the same color it
was, white. The yellow seal, that was white, makes the door look bad. What
can I do about it? The seal is still in perfect shape so I don't want to
replace it. And it was washed with a Clorox solution recently.
Thanks!
Donna

When you paint a door, the trim looks bad so you paint it. Then the
wall looks bad so you paint that too. And so on... I painted my
garage door rubber seal 10+ years ago, using the same latex outdoor
paint as I used to paint the garage door and it still looks good. I
only painted the part that shows when the door is closed. Used
Benjamin Moore primer and exterior paint with mildewcide added.