Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Paint Brand Question

Hello,

Anyone have any opinions on Benjamin Moore vs California Latex paint for
exterior house painting (Cedar Clapboards).

Assume, please, the top of the line paints, with price not being a factor.

Thanks,
B.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Robert11" wrote in message
. ..
Hello,

Anyone have any opinions on Benjamin Moore vs California Latex paint for
exterior house painting (Cedar Clapboards).

Assume, please, the top of the line paints, with price not being a factor.

Thanks,
B.

Devoe and Martin-Senour are the best paint brands you can buy. Open the
yellow pages (phone book) and find a dealer for either one. You will be
happy.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 15:56:27 -0400, "Robert11"
wrote:

Hello,

Anyone have any opinions on Benjamin Moore vs California Latex paint for
exterior house painting (Cedar Clapboards).

Assume, please, the top of the line paints, with price not being a factor.

Thanks,
B.

Consult Consumer Reports. I believe Glidden Endurance was rated best
for exterior.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Hello,

Anyone have any opinions on Benjamin Moore vs California Latex paint for
exterior house painting (Cedar Clapboards).

Assume, please, the top of the line paints, with price not being a factor.

Thanks,
B.

Consult Consumer Reports. I believe Glidden Endurance was rated best
for exterior.

Cedar should be stained, when paint peels off cedar the wood is to
soft and rough , you damage it scraping it. Moore is a known brand as
one of the best.

Posted to alt.home.repair

ransley wrote in
ups.com:

wrote:

Hello,

Anyone have any opinions on Benjamin Moore vs California Latex paint
for exterior house painting (Cedar Clapboards).

Assume, please, the top of the line paints, with price not being a
factor.

Thanks,
B.

Consult Consumer Reports. I believe Glidden Endurance was rated best
for exterior.

Cedar should be stained, when paint peels off cedar the wood is to
soft and rough , you damage it scraping it. Moore is a known brand as
one of the best.

Used Moore on major cedar siding redo. Had Sikkins coating on it and it
peeled horribly. Sanded the whole place down. Primed with Fresh Start
(from the Moore paint store). Put 2 coats of BM paint on top. Lasted till
I sold the place. Temp extremes -30 to 95+. Just my experience FWIW.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 23, 2:56 pm, "Robert11" wrote:
Hello,

Anyone have any opinions on Benjamin Moore vs California Latex paint for
exterior house painting (Cedar Clapboards).

Assume, please, the top of the line paints, with price not being a factor.

Thanks,
B.

Benjamine Moore, Shearan Williams, Gliddens, Colony, most old national
brands are good or they wouldn't still be around.

Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

wrote:

Hello,

Anyone have any opinions on Benjamin Moore vs California Latex paint for
exterior house painting (Cedar Clapboards).

Assume, please, the top of the line paints, with price not being a factor.

Thanks,
B.

I used California last year and I loved it. Great coverage and it was easy
to work with.