Posted to alt.home.repair
Al Bundy Al Bundy is offline

Default Paint Brand Question

ransley wrote in
ups.com:

On Jul 23, 4:43 pm, Yamuk wrote:
On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 15:56:27 -0400, "Robert11"
wrote:

Hello,

Anyone have any opinions on Benjamin Moore vs California Latex paint
for exterior house painting (Cedar Clapboards).

Assume, please, the top of the line paints, with price not being a
factor.

Thanks,
B.

Consult Consumer Reports. I believe Glidden Endurance was rated best
for exterior.

Cedar should be stained, when paint peels off cedar the wood is to
soft and rough , you damage it scraping it. Moore is a known brand as
one of the best.

Used Moore on major cedar siding redo. Had Sikkins coating on it and it
peeled horribly. Sanded the whole place down. Primed with Fresh Start
(from the Moore paint store). Put 2 coats of BM paint on top. Lasted till
I sold the place. Temp extremes -30 to 95+. Just my experience FWIW.