Posted to alt.home.repair

Default holes in above ground pool wall

Hi,

I have inherited an Esther Williams above ground pool. It is around
10-12 years old. Everything on the pool was in great shape except for
the bottom tracks (I ordered new ones) and I recently noticed dozens
of pinhead sized holes near the bottom 6 inches of the aluminum wall.
The previous owner had dirt up against the wall. I cannot afford to
replace the wall. What would be the best way to approach repairing
this?

Thanks,
Mark

Here is a link to a picture of the holes in the wall:

http://www.patmedia.net/marklevinson.../poolwall.html

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 08:42:04 -0700, marklevinson1
wrote:

Hi,

I have inherited an Esther Williams above ground pool. It is around
10-12 years old. Everything on the pool was in great shape except for
the bottom tracks (I ordered new ones) and I recently noticed dozens
of pinhead sized holes near the bottom 6 inches of the aluminum wall.
The previous owner had dirt up against the wall. I cannot afford to
replace the wall. What would be the best way to approach repairing
this?

Thanks,
Mark

Here is a link to a picture of the holes in the wall:

http://www.patmedia.net/marklevinson.../poolwall.html

Strange.

A permanent fix that seals water tight is to wire brush the holes and
patch with radiator leak epoxy - picked up at any auto parts store or
walmart.

Posted to alt.home.repair

marklevinson1 writes:

Hi,

I have inherited an Esther Williams above ground pool. It is around
10-12 years old. Everything on the pool was in great shape except for
the bottom tracks (I ordered new ones) and I recently noticed dozens
of pinhead sized holes near the bottom 6 inches of the aluminum wall.
The previous owner had dirt up against the wall. I cannot afford to
replace the wall. What would be the best way to approach repairing
this?

Thanks,
Mark

Here is a link to a picture of the holes in the wall:

http://www.patmedia.net/marklevinson.../poolwall.html

What did the inside of the pool look like?
I'd be concerned that the walls might be too weak to continue
using.

My Esther Williams is about the same age.
I had to replace the liner this year (second time).
I had some minor surface flaking on the inside but nowhere
near a hole.
The outside is like new.

Epoxy might work as the other poster suggested.